Mancunians is Manchester’s Dual Code Rugby Club. We are looking for a Sports Development Executive to help the club to achieve its goal of having 1,000 participants by the year 2020 and to become a professional sports club.
The successful applicant will be responsible for overseeing our newly created Wheelchair Rugby League team and development programme and assisting with our successful Active Mancunians Programme. You’ll be a self starter who can hit the ground running and make a big impact in a short space of time.
This is an opportunity to get involved with a fast-growing sports club that offers both codes of Rugby and other sports to its members, schools and the local community. The role would suit somebody who would like to build a career in sports development.
The role will be based at our office at Hough End, South Manchester for two days each week and is a temporary role until the end of June 2017.
- Project Manage our newly created Wheelchair Rugby Development Project and Team
- Assist with the development of the Active Mancunians Programme
- Assist to administer and maintain records of club membership
- Assist to maintain, review and update the club’s development plan.
- Assist with the planning and supporting of club, community and fundraising events.
- Support and assist the club board members with their tasks.
- Assist in collecting payments from and payments to, key partners.
- Attend meetings internally and with the RFL, England Handball, Supporters Direct and other key partners as required.
- Keep up to date with and contribute to, the future strategic direction of the club.
- Communicate with stakeholders to promote the club and its aims.
- Act in accordance with the club’s core documents and policies with particular reference to the aims and objectives of the club, as detailed in the club’s governing document.
- Any other tasks requested by the club management.
Knowledge and experience:
- Some knowledge of Rugby League, Handball or community sports is desirable, but not essential.
- IT literate in WORD, EXCEL and OUTLOOK.
- Some administrative work experience is desirable.
Skills and behaviours:
- Good written and spoken English language
- Attention to detail
- Good time management and organisational skills
- An interest in sports development
Salary will be above the national living wage and will be discussed at interview. Closing Date: 17.00 March 21st 2017.
For further details please contact email@example.com