Mancunians are seeking to recruit a suitably qualified dietician or nutritionist to have input into the Active Mancunians programme which will launch in January 2017 and last for 12 months.
Mancunians is Manchester’s Dual Code Rugby club offering Rugby League in the summer months and Rugby Union in the winter. We work all over Manchester providing after school clubs, teaching cover and assisting schools to run sports teams and running innovative projects such as walking football and walking netball for older people.
Mancunians’ vision is to have 1,000 participants by 2020 and to be a professional rugby club. We would be delighted if you would consider being part of our exciting journey.
Active Mancunians is an innovative project that will see people in Manchester become involved in the programme which will see people gaining experience in sports coaching, schools receiving assistance to start activity sessions for children aged 3-7 years old and healthy living sessions being run in the local community for people aged over 55.
Active Mancunians has three strands:
- Children aged between 3 and 7 years old will take part in sessions to encourage them to become active, preventing obesity, developing social skills and physical literacy and compete in school sports festivals
- Older people aged 55+ will be offered healthy living sessions, which will feature a dietician and personal trainer and participants will be encouraged to set goals to reduce weight, improve levels of activity or improve other key health markers such as blood pressure or cholesterol levels.
- Manchester residents will be offered the opportunity to join the ‘Step On’ coaching programme which will see people being provided with coaching experience, qualifications and mentoring throughout the programme providing the participants with employability and life skills.
We are looking to engage with a suitable professional to lead on the following part of Active Mancunians
You role will be to:
- Assess height, weight, BMI, diet and vital signs of the participants at the beginning of the programme
- Plan a suitable diet and/ or exercise plan in partnership with the participants to assist them to reduce health risk factors
- Implement Diet and exercise plans
- Review plans on a monthly basis and amend as necessary
This part of the project will last for 12 weeks and we anticipate that it will take up approximately 5 hours of your time per month.
There is also an opportunity for the chosen person to have input into the part of the programme which will focus on children aged 3-7 years old. We will be offering exercise and activity sessions to this age groups via primary schools and we would be looking for you to advise us on how we could further develop our offer in this area.
Active Mancunians is set to launch in Mid January 2017 and we would like to have appointed our key personnel by the end of December 2016. Successful applicants are expected to have their own equipment for recording of vital signs, height/ weight BMI etc.
For further details or to apply please contact:
07977 486 236