Mancunians is expanding rapidly and we are seeking to engage with a suitably qualified Handball coach to oversee two of our newly established satellite centres and to further develop our Handball structures.
You’ll be leading the two centres, which are based at Secondary Schools in south Manchester, encouraging the participants to have fun whilst taking part. You will have a mixed set of participants, with some performers being on the fringes of the England teams with others being new to the sport.
To be able to plan, prepare and deliver coaching sessions
• Work collaboratively with line managers and other members of the coaching team.
• Adhere to Mancunians’ Codes of Conduct, Delivery Standards, Safeguarding & Health & Safety Policy.
• Demonstrate a commitment to continued professional development and be willing to attend training
.• Act in accordance with the club philosophy and act in an appropriate manner when representing the club or coaching on the clubs behalf.
What experience & qualifications we’re looking for:
• Qualified to at least UKCC Handball Level 1
• Demonstrate an understanding of Safeguarding and Equal Opportunities
• Emergency First Aid Holder (or be willing to attend training)
• Can show evidence of recent coaching
Mancunians Coaches will be able to;-
Provide enjoyable, fun sessions to the young people that you work with
– Act as an ambassador of Mancunians and be able to liaise effectively with school children, teachers, other sports coaches and colleagues at partner organisations
– Manage time efficiently and effectively
– Work to an agreed set of standards, but show flexibility when needed
This position is a part time role (3-5 hours per week) and is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
If successful we will provide you with uniform to wear, a very competitive rate of pay, contributions to continued professional education and the chance for you to to progress your career with a forward looking, professional organisation.
To apply, please email a covering letter and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07977 48 62 36 for an informal discussion about the role.