Mancunians is Manchester’s Rugby League and Handball Club. Formed just over five years ago, our rapidly growing club features Rugby League and Handball activity at senior, junior and mini levels across the city, with boys and girls playing Handball.
We’re looking for the correct individual to develop our processes in our focus sports so that our offer is unrivalled and our coaches deliver quality sessions to all our co-owners and community partners.
This is a new, exciting, part time role which would suit someone who has several years of coaching experience or who is a current sports development or performance professional and who wants to assist an ambitious club to grow. Ideally you’ll have a knowledge of both Rugby League and Handball but, these qualities are not essential.
If successful in your application, you will:
– Create a coaching philosophy that our performance and community coaches will embrace
– Set up a process to identify and develop talented players at Mancunians and across the city of Manchester in each of our focus sports
– Prepare a plan for long term player development across the city of Manchester in each of our focus sports
– Establish a transparent selection policy for all our teams
– Liaise with individual team coaches to oversee coach education across the club
– Encourage community coaches to deliver fun sessions that are appropriate to the age group and performance level they are coaching
– Promote the club to potential players in partnership with the club’s Marketing Manager
– Implement processes across the whole club to optimise strength & conditioning and injury prevention in partnership with the clubs medical team
– Recruit coaches to each of the Mancunians teams in partnership with the club’s Marketing Manager
– Provide input and feedback into the strategic planning and evaluation that the club regularly carries out
– Any other tasks that the board of directors may delegate from time to time
What we can offer:
– An induction into a dynamic, progressive sports club which is growing at a rapid pace
– Financial support towards your CPD costs
– Monthly expenses
– Free Gym Membership
– Free uniform and clothing
This is a part-time, voluntary role and would typically take up around 3-4 hours or your time per week.
To apply, please send a copy of your current CV to email@example.com or call Stefan Hopewell, club director on 07977 48 62 36 for an informal discussion.
Closing Date: January 5th 2015.